Volunteer with WPL and play a crucial role in making our skate collection accessible to everyone. Your contribution will be instrumental in maintaining our skates and ensuring an excellent experience for our valued customers.
Location: Eastside Branch
Timing (days, hours): Volunteer must be available for a three hour shift twice per month. Daytime or evening availability is required between Monday and Thursday.
Estimated Start Date: Mid-November or early December 2023
Estimated End Date (or ongoing): End of March 2024
Number of Positions Available: 1
What You’ll Do:
- Use skate sharpening equipment to sharpen 5-10 pairs of hockey and figure skates.
- Move skates and sharpening equipment by pushing a cart to a designated room in the RIM Park Sports Facility.
- Interact with library and RIM Park staff regarding work space access, training and procedures.
What We’re Looking For:
- A mature individual with skate sharpening experience, or someone who is comfortable in a sports facility and willing to learn how to use skate sharpening equipment and develop associated skills.
- Someone with the physical ability to bend, lift and push carts.
- Someone that is able to work independently and follow safety procedures.
- An individual that can communicate effectively with sports facility and library staff.
References: One reference will be required at the interview stage of the process.
Are you a creative and community-minded teen who wants to make a real impact at your library? Join the WPL Teen Events Team and help plan and host exciting programs and events for your fellow teens! Whether you're into art, program design, or just love getting involved, we've got a place for you. You'll have the chance to organize fun activities, help with events, and provide friendly service. Plus, we're all about giving back to the community through projects like food drives and climate action initiatives. If you're ready to make a difference, this is the team for you!
Thank you for your interest in the Teen Events Team. We are currently not accepting new teen volunteers. Please check back in the future for further opportunities.